[PCB_FORUM] Re: Tees in schematic?

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:16:03 -0500

Hi Mitch,

The "tees" I am referring to are deterministic branch points, sometimes
called "virtual pins", used typically for length matching and creating
particular topologies.  Allegro has these as part of the net scheduling, and
they have a "refdes" of sorts.

I can put them in the schematics by making a footprint that has a zero size
pad, no drill etc. and referencing that...but since Allegro has these
"built-in" I was wondering if they were able to be referenced by the
schematic so I could create the schedule/pinpairs using tees in the
schematic instead of in the constraints manager.

Regards,

Austin