[PCB_FORUM] Question about plotting hpgl2 in Linux system

  • From: "Lin, Hsin-Huei" <hsin-huei.lin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:27:46 -0600

Hi,

We are having difficulty sending HPGL2 plot file to our HP plotter from
Linux network. We can do it fine in Solaris network and the print queue
is managed by the CUPS software at Solaris side. Our system admin had
looked for ways on the web to make it work from Linux side but no
success so far. When we submit the file using lpr or lp command, here's
what we will get:
lpr: unable to print file: client-error-document-format-not-supported
Exit 1

Does anyone have any success with this? Thanks.

Hsin-Huei Lin
Principal Design Automation Engineer
Medtronic, Inc.
763-514-4641