[PCB_FORUM] Pin Assignments to embedded passives

  • From: "Mirza, Sam" <sam.mirza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 15:27:01 -0700

Hello,
I am an electrical engineer working on embedded passive components.
In fact I have a 3D model which I have already converted into 2D
(allegro format DRA through a code).
But the DRA I got has no pins (there are no Pads in Allegro) and I have
to assign pins myself (input/output points).
In fact I gave several turns to make an inductor and copper plates on
layers to create a capacitor for my project. Now I want to use them to
be treated as standalone symbols and link them with my netlist.
Does anyone have any idea about SKILL code or any workaround to define
pins to those structures in allegro.

Regards,
Sam