[PCB_FORUM] Netlist import error 15.5 and CIS

  • From: "Dharma Kemp-Bresett" <dharma@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:03:06 -0400

Hello Everyone,
 I have a stumper that I hope someone else has seen before. We are using
15.5 allegro and OrCad CIS. I am not the originator of this sch but he has
also looked at it and sees nothing amiss. I ( and all others who have tried)
get the following error when I try to import the netlist:

#1 ERROR(40) Object not found in database

Pin number '6' not found in database

In line 4562

File name : 'H:/jobs/designs/allegro/*customer
name*/test_netlist_061407/pstxnet.dat'

Line 4562 refers to u16 pin 6 which is one ( the first in the series) of
several identical parts connected the same way. ( I have replaced the
customer name in the error above. the original name was one word with no
spaces or asterisks so that is not the problem) The pin in question is in
the sch symbol and the footprint same numbering, etc.. there is a connection
both graphically and in the netlist itself. The pin in question is not a
change and it was already hooked up that way in the last netlist. I checked
the syntax and connections in the pstxnet and pstchips and all looks fine,
No typos, etc. What could be the problem? I will contacting cadence as well
however sometimes it is quicker to get an answer here.....

Thanks in advance,
Dharma

KAW/USA Ltd.
39 Simon Street, #4
Nashua, NH 03060
603-886-8711 x212
603-881-8763 fax

Confidentiality Notice: This email and any accompanying documents contain
information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. This
information is private and protected by law. If you are not the intended
recipient, or have received this email in error, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
document in any manner is strictly prohibited.