[PCB_FORUM] Multi-layer stackup design

  • From: "Jose Magnaye" <josemagnaye4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:31:54 +0800

Hi!

We are designing an AC-DC power supply on a 4 layer board and we are
currently looking at any literature on how to design the stack-up.

Some of our primary and secondary tracks overlap and we were told that we
can let them overlap as long as we use 3 prepeg layers in between.
Unfortunately, we cannot find any info on the minimum allowed thickness of
the 3 layers.

We are concerned with the thickness since we will be using a 1.6mm 4 layer
FR4 board with 2 Oz copper on all layers.

JM