[PCB_FORUM] Difference between "delta" and "tolerance" in Relative Propagation Delay

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:38:41 -0500

Hi,

What is the functional difference between "delta" and "tolerance" in the
constraint manager "relative propagation delay" worksheet?  The examples
(and explanations) they give seem like they could be implemented with
either...

For example:

three signals A, B, C.  Say C is target of 1", and I want a length match of
.1 on A & B to C.  I could set either delta OR tolerance to .1, and get what
I want.

Again, three signals, A, B, C.  C target of 1".  I set delta to .1, and
tolerance  to 10 mils.  What is different doing that than simply setting
either delta or tolerance to 110?

Regards,

Austin