[PCB_FORUM] Design Compare and Stroke editor not starting

  • From: "Jerry Hendrickson (jerryh)" <jerryh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 10:27:15 -0800

Hi all,
I've been trying to get Design Compare and stroke editor to work in
WINDOWS XP PRO. It works fine on Solaris (UNIX) but I get a JAVA error
on my Laptop and desktop running XP.
Has anyone seen this problem? Is there a work around?

Here is the first part of the error log:
#
# An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x03203ab3, pid=1124,
tid=2880
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.2_13-b06 mixed mode)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [fontmanager.dll+0x33ab3]
#
I have an SR in at Cadence, but so far nothing has worked
I do have the latest version of JAVA and I even tried and older version
just in case there was an issue with the new JAVA.

Thanks for any advice.
Jerry