[PCB_FORUM] Re: Changing netnames in Allegro not back-annotat ed to ConceptHDL schematics...

  • From: george.h.patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:39:13 -0700

Not if you change the name.  What do you expect it to back annotate TO?
It's the only reference the system has.  I guess you want a hidden "Net
Name" that will track the visible "net Name", eh?

Sorry, ain't going to happen.

Probably could write an Allegro skill routine to interface with a Concept
skill routine to resolve these kinds of conflicts, but it isn't worth the
hassle.  There has to be SOMETHING in control, either the schematic or the
board.  You have bought a system that considers the schematic to be in
control.

Live with it, or go buy something else ;>

--
George Patrick
Tektronix, Inc.

It's my opinion, not Tektronix'