[PCB_FORUM] Re: Board file type error

  • From: "Gary MacIndoe" <gary.macindoe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:29:53 -0700

Hey Dan,

If you accidentally saved your board as a *.dra, you should be able to just
rename it (i.e. change "board.dra" to "board.brd").

Is this the case?  I saved a test board with "save as" to "test.dra".  When
I got out then tried to load it back into Allegro, I got the "File selected
is not type Drawing" pop up.  All I did was to rename it to "test.brd" in
explorer then it loaded in fine.

Good luck!

Gary E. MacIndoe
PCB Design Engineer