[PCB_FORUM] Re: Blind Via (LAYERS 1-8) and (LAYERS 13-20)

  • From: Mark Salberg <msalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 12:56:11 -0400

Drew,
They are set to null. (top mask for _13_20) and (bottom mask for _1_8) set to null.
1500 Unnecessary DRC's (M to M) are very annoying.

Thanks for the feedback,
Mark

Riley, Andrew wrote:
Mark,

What is the bottom soldermask for the _1_8.pad and the top soldermask for the _13_20.pad set to.  I believe they should be NULL though I am not sure if this will solve your problem.  The last time I was forced to use B/B vias was with v14.2

The Default Internal Layer is a time saver for thru vias, in that you do not have to define all the layers of your board in the padstack.  If your padstack just has the TOP, BOTTOM, and DEFAULT INTERNAL defined, allegro will copy the internal definition to all of the internal signal and plane layers defined in the PCB.  For thru vias you can delete the other internal signal and plane layers defined in the padstack dumped from the BRD file.

Cheers!
Drew