[PCB_FORUM] .5 mm BGA 3 outer rows.

  • From: sjchar3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 18:25:06 -0400

Group.

anyone out there doing .5 MM bgas? i have a couple of questions. I think we
will be asked to do some soon.

The 2 outer row i think will be 3 mil traces with 3 mil on both sides between
pins. Not sure about the third row. I think via-in-pad will work.

This would mean 2 to 3 mils of slivers between pins to get to the gnd pins on
the inner rows on and inner plane.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Haven't worked with blind vias, but i
guess this is an option.

Thanks

Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading spam
and email virus protection.