[PCB_FORUM] 3D output PRO-E vrs Solidworks... what format??

  • From: "Gene Carman" <gcarman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:40:16 -0700

Hey all, I was under the impression that the PTC export (IDF output,
select PTC) that makes the .emn and .emp files is what goes to PRO-E.

Can anyone confirm that PRO-E can import these?

Also what about SOLIDWORKS...  anybody know what format that tool needs?

We have a contractor that is telling us he cannot open the .emn and .emp
files with his PRO-E.   I don't have either tool, but I do have a viewer
and the viewer works fine.