[PCB_FORUM] 15.2 differential pairs and spacing setup

  • From: "Dickoff, Diane J" <diane.j.dickoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:55:47 -0800

        I know this has been discussed before but I want to make sure I
am doing this correctly.

        I have a large number of differential pairs with different
spacing within the diff pairs. But I also need different spacing between
the sets of diff pairs.

        For example

        Diffa+ and Diffa- has 7 mil spacing

        Diffb+ and Diffb- has 6 mil spacing

        Diffc+ and Diffc- has 8 mil spacing

        Diffa(+/-) must have 20 mil spacing to Diffb(+/-) and

        It must have 26 mil spacing to Diffc(+/-) (for example)

        So in the CM, I can put the 7,6,8 mil spacing for the diff
pairs.

        But do I still use the net_spacing_type for the 20 and 26 mil
spacing?

        Thanks, Diane