[icon-discuss] Re: strange tragedy

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:27:43 -0400

Hi Julie:

First of all, let me say I understand the need to have the dot put back on, as
it can be important to have.  Unfortunately, I'm not the one who makes those
decisions, however, I can tell you that normally, this would not be covered
under warranty, as warranty repairs with all of our other products only cover
manufacturing defects.  With that said, if you wanted to send it back and test
the waters, you're certainly welcomed to.  Be advised, however, that we would
not do it here but have to send it back to the manufacturer and thus, you'd be
without it for a couple of weeks, perhaps.  I don't know if it's worth it to
you for all of that trouble.  It may be better to find a way to do your own dot
replacement.  Perhaps an investment in some Himarks or a small piece of tape or
something would serve you.  However, it is strictly up to you, if you'd  like
to be the first one to request this repair.

I'm sorry I don't have better info for you, but since this hasn't been answered
and the weekend is approaching and I didn't want this to go unanswered and have
you think you were being ignored.  Certainly, if the authorities have a better
answer, I'm sure they'll answer you.

Sincerely,

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind