[icon-discuss] Re: setting up more than one email account on brailleplus

  • From: Richard Ehrler <REhrler-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:55:31 -0600

I sure hope LevelStar and APH will take a look at this situation and seriously consider allowing us to easily send mail out from more than one default address. I have a mailbox set up for list server mail which sometimes really gets loaded. I have another mailbox set up for contacts with friends and family which is usually a light load and therefore quick and easy to check without having to wade through tons of list messages. I also have other specialized mailboxes set up. I understand the Icon and Braille Plus can filter them into separate places but if there is only one choice at any given time for default for my out going mail, everyone will sooner or later start just replying and sending to that one mailbox, defeating the purpose for separate mailboxes. I recommend instead that they do what my Voice Note does and each time I go to send or check mail, it asks me which mail server I wish to use and which mailbox on that server I wish to use. In that way I can maintain totally separate mailboxes and even have the ability to easily use different mail servers without having to change default settings between each server or mailbox. Consider that some people need one server setup for home and a totally different one at work. Add in those who use wireless hot spots and the problem becomes more complex. For people who only use one server or rarely need to use an alternate server you could allow the option to establish one as default. Guess you could do the same for multiple mailboxes on any server for those who choose to keep things as they are right now. Also, if there is only one server and one mailbox defined, the unit should be smart enough to see that and not ask which server or mailbox to use.
Just my thoughts.
Richard Ehrler