[icon-discuss] reflashing

  • From: "stacey robinson" <staceyr75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:56:35 -0500

Hi, I don't have my braille plus yet, still waiting for it. What is refalshing? I've heard that mentioned but wasn't sur ewhat it was.

Thanks,

Stacey and GEB dog Chesley

staceyr75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
----- Original Message ----- From: "ed lopez" <ejl@xxxxxxxxx>
From: "Crystal French" <raincrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [icon-discuss] Web Browser issues?
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 07:14:19 -0500

Hi,
I seem to have a lot of trouble using the web browser.

Last night, I was trying to read an ebay page, and it hung on some kind
of
list, and would go no further, no matter what I tried to do.

Kind of like it got into a briar patch and could not extricate itself.

I finally got out of the browser, and, then, tried to close it with the
Task
Manager.

That didn't work either.

It took a reset to get the Braille Plus functioning correctly, again.

This is pretty much how my previous tries with the browser have gone,
too.

I was not running any other applications at the time, and, I have the
most
current version of the software.

Does anyone else have similar problems, or am I not doing something
right?

Crystal

------------------------------

From: "james hooper" <james_hooper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [icon-discuss] happy saturday everyone
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 07:09:28 -0600

Greetings all jams here in Denver hope everyone is doing well, I was
just
wondering I  have noticed that a lot of people post issues they are
having
with both the Braille plus and icon, and I know relatively  speaking it
is a
new product in terms of comparison  to say products by freedom or
humanware
in the note taker /PDA       department, are their developers who
monitor
this list it would be interesting to get their comments as to questions,

that people have raised also maybe tidbits on what their long term as
well
as short term plans, I know they have a podcast that comes out it just
would
be nice to hear from people in the know to kind of say hey thanks for
being
with us we understand your frustrations and here is what we are working
on
long term short term.
my msn is happy_james_2454@xxxxxxxxxxx
my aim is goldenvoice1954 and my skype is golden_voice1954

------------------------------

From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [icon-discuss] Re: Web Browser issues?
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 08:56:40 -0500

Hi Crystal.  We all have that problem. I understand that that is one of
the
many browser issues which will be fixed "in the next release", which I
hope
comes soon.  A work-around is to jump past the list with the next
heading or
next link key.  You might first have to up arrow above the list to do
this.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Crystal French" <raincrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [icon-discuss] Re: happy saturday everyone
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 08:59:49 -0500

Hi james.  I have gotten responses on the list from Michael Jones who is
company representative.  If you phone them, You usually get him and he
is
usually pretty forthcoming with information.  I believe a new release is

coming very soon.
----- Original Message ----- From: "james hooper" <james_hooper@xxxxxxxxxxx>

From: "kaye zimpher" <kayezimpher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:01:50 -0400

I have that same problem with the Icon. When the brouser encounters a
list
and I select the list item I want pressing down arrow does not get me
out of
the list. The brouser does hang up a lot and I often receive a message
that
says "sorry the brouser crashed, we are working on it."

From: "kaye zimpher" <kayezimpher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:04:47 -0400

They are getting ready to come out with a new update that I have heard
will
clear up a lot of troubles we have. I also wonder if the developers or
techs
look at the list.
I guess I should have done an introduction first huh. I am Kaye and I am
in
Atlanta. I bought my Icon at the convention a couple of weeks ago and I
have
really been enjoying it. I have had some strange issues, but overall, I
love
the device. It really has created a lot of organization fun and
entertainment for me.

From: "Arianna Calesso" <acalesso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:23:22 -0400

Yes, I've had to do many resets.  Sometimes while downloading RSS or
Podcast
feeds the Braille Plus just seems to lock itself and I can't do anything
at
all except a reset.  I was so frustrated this week that i almost sent
the
thing back, but despite its bugs, I love this little friend!  I still
haven't been able to do email, but i have to speak to my Frontier tech
guys.
Just haven't gotten to it yet.

BookShare presents problems for me also.  I'd like to see the New Books
category available too.

I want to thank all those who have been involved in creating this lovely

device for us and who continue to make it the best product on the market
for
the blind!

Arianna Calesso

From: Richard Turner <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 09:35:55 -0700

Hi Crystal,
The only time I've been able to get passed that kind of a list is to use
the find function,
control f and search for a word I am pretty sure is beyond the list. Not
a good solution, but the
only one I have come up with so far.
The good folks at APH and Levelstar need to take a good look at this one
if they
haven't.
I hope this helps.
Richard

From: "Eric SS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [icon-discuss] Just Wondering
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:26:33 -0400

Over the past week, I have sent out a couple of messages asking about
what
and when the Icon/Braille Plus might have upgrades.  I have not heard
word
one back from either effort.  I haven't gotten so many messages at all,
so I
am just wondering if my notes are getting out.

If anyone saw those, can you just assure me I asked the right questions.
Whether or not there are any good answers, well...

------------------------------

From: "james hooper" <james_hooper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [icon-discuss] Re: Just Wondering
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 11:30:00 -0600

james here in denver you are coming in loud and clear bro.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric SS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxx>

From: "Crystal French" <raincrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:33:23 -0500

Richard,
I will give that a try next time.

The thing was that it got so hung up, it wouldn't shut up, just kept
repeating the same thing over and over.

Once I got it quiet, it then refused to do anything else.

Ah, machinery!  Got to love it!

Crystal

------------------------------

From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [icon-discuss] Richard, can you resend your helpful advice on
Browser?
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:10:00 -0700

Richard, can you please resend your helpful advice on Browser?  I have
an
Icon friend who needs more help than i can give him apparently.  he
cannot
turn off his browser. Bob Acosta

------------------------------

From: "Richard Turner" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [icon-discuss] Re: Richard, can you resend your helpful advice
on Brow
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:53:16 -0700

Hi,
My help was for getting beyond a list box.  Use control+f to find a word
beyond that.

Otherwise, if he cannot turn it off from the task manager, the only
other
way to go is a reset.

He also needs to be patient.  Sometimes, it takes several minutes for it
get unstuck.
I would try launching the task manager and stopping it from there first
and
wait a bit.
Also, turning off the wireless, and waiting then trying to stop the
browser
may work in some cases.

When all else fails, reset.

I hope that is useful.

Later,
Richard

---

From: "gregg boss" <aar6cv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:07:29 -0500

Hi,

Yes your e-mail is going out. All we know is "soon", no specific date
has
been given. According to the last levelstar podcast it indicated in a
few
weeks.

I hope this answers your query.

Also, the folks at both APH and Levelstar make notes of the problems
encountered on this list and put them on a list to resolve. Right now,
they
are working on fixing bugs, then adding additional features according to
Mike at levelstar.

Gregg Boss

From: "CB" <cnoc78@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [icon-discuss] update free?
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:57:06 -0500

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone knows if the soon to be released update will be
free or if you need a SMA to get it?

thanks,

CB

------------------------------

From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [icon-discuss] Re: update free?
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 19:45:33 -0500

I believe you get free software downloadable updating for a year after
purchase after which you can by yearly agreements of several kinds.
----- Original Message ----- From: CB

From: "Sharon Hamm" <shamm1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 19:55:25 -0500

We don't know when updates are coming until they tell us. That's been my

experience in the past.
Sharon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric SS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxx>
Over the past week, I have sent out a couple of messages asking about
what
and when the Icon/Braille Plus might have upgrades.  I have not heard
word
one back from either effort.  I haven't gotten so many messages at all,
so
am just wondering if my notes are getting out.

If anyone saw those, can you just assure me I asked the right questions.
Whether or not there are any good answers, well...

7/28/2007
3:50 PM

------------------------------

From: "Eric SS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 21:04:39 -0400

Thanks all for your feedback.

GMail doesn't forward me my own messages and the list traffic seemed a
bit
lighter lately, so I just wasn't sure I was coming through.  I
appreciate
the help!

------------------------------

From: "kaye zimpher" <kayezimpher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
on Brow
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 21:18:38 -0400

He can't turn it off? Has he tried pressing the applications key and
holding
it down until he hears a beep that will bring him in to the list of
programs
running then he should nav down until he hears browser and press the
options
menu key which will gi ve him the option to either "switch to" or "stop"

press select on "stop" It is not recommended to take this action but if
an
application truly will not exit that is probably the only way.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Richard, can you please resend your helpful advice on Browser?  I have
an
Icon friend who needs more help than i can give him apparently.  he
cannot
turn off his browser. Bob Acosta

End of icon-discuss Digest V2 #151