[icon-discuss] Re: music/book organization for next upgrade

  • From: Governor Staten <govsta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 01:19:11 -0400

Maybe i'm a little off here, and forgive me if i am. for a play list to even work, the music has to be on the device where the play list resides. or should i say that the play  list has to be where the music isStill, good features you suggest. another question occurs to me. is it possible to stream things from your computer to the icon?.
Julie Stamm wrote:

Hey list,

I was just thinking today, as I began loading my textbooks for my classes for the summer onto the icon, that searching for them is quite tricky. I am a voracious user of BookShare (brilliant feature I must add!) and I have….a LOT of BookShare pleasure reading mixed in with my academic tombs. Organizing my title or author does not always provide the quickest way to navigate through to find the book I want. It would be a lot easier if I could separate my massive collection into folders for academic reading, and them pleasure reading, then perhaps have sub-folders for each of my classes.

The same suggestion goes for the music player. Yes, I know play lists may be created, but most of my songs are in folders on my laptop, and I often do not know the name and artist of each and every song that is in each folder. So, hunting for them in the list of songs is arduous at best and awkward. I would also like the option to repeat play lists and songs.

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Julie

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.9.14/885 - Release Date: 7/3/2007 10:02 AM