[icon-discuss] icon-discuss braille plus word processor numbers and symbols

  • From: tristen breitenfeldt <tristenbreitenfeldt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 20:40:21 -0700

hello all,
i have been having this problem for a while and it is really becoming an issue.
 when i am using the word processor either with the docking statin or with the
braille plus hand held i will be typing an essay or something and when i press
a punctuation key the braille plus will say its braille dot equivilancy instead
of the name of the symbol. for example when i press semicolon the bp says five,
six. and, instead of comma it says dot six.  it is a little confusing
especially because the braille plus is speaking the computer braille
equivilancy of the symbol and i only know grade two braille and a little
computer braille.  also, when i have the bp read the document to me it is still
saying the dot equivilant.  it is confusing to listen to.  and, one more thing,
the number keys are acting the same way.  if i type nine one one on the number
keys the bp reads it as in, two, two. is there a setting i can adjust to fix
this problemth oh yeah, my bp is also writing question mark as th.  please help
me solve this problem quickly.  taking notes in class is complicated because of
the problem.
tristen