[icon-discuss] great upgrade - install went perfectly...

  • From: "John Esak" <john@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Icon-Discuss@Freelists. Org" <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 20:37:27 -0400

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I did the upgrade to 1.1 yesterday and it
went flawlessly.  I just foolowed the instructions tht Michael put up and it
was dead easy.  I even screwed up in the middle of the install and turned
off my wirelss access by a bad keystroke... I don not suggest you try this
at home.  :-)  I was trying to change from abc mode to thumb braille and I
hit only the wirelss  program key  which disconnected it...  I was in the
middle of filling out the form to register so that i culd get the 1.1
upgrade....  when I re-connected and got back to it, I found I was in
exactly the same place on the form and ready to go... nothing was messed up
at all. This, truly is amazing... by all rights, this should have messed up
the install completely... but it didn't... which says much for the robust
quality of this install procedure and new upgrade packaging. I'm so
impressed.

Now, to try some of the new features... I'll send up some feedback soon.

john Esak