[icon-discuss] gps solution for icon and braille plus.

  • From: "Sue Ward" <groovy41@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "icon-discuss" <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:49:09 -0400

Hello does anyone know if they are really working on a gps solution for these
devices, you know if they really want to develop something they should really
look at the Sendero group website, cause that would be something, the only
thing that would have to happen is come up with a blue tooth receiver, since
those devices do support that and have software and maps on an mini SD card.
Then again I guess a major upgrade would have to happen as far as a better
battery, more memory and a bigger hard drive. All of these companies have GPS
solutions such as Humanware, Freedom Scientific, and Code Factory, so they
really should think about what blind people really want, APH, and Level Star,
and all of the other companies have done excellent it should be about choice,
since we have a budget to go buy.  For me I don't have a cellphone that talks,
but I do have a PDA which is the Braille Plus, and it is excellent, but a GPS
solution say around 700 dollars to go with that including upgrade, I would be
willing to pay for that.
Dover Saddlery
Shop Dover Saddlery for the Widest Selection for Horse & Rider!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=VyfezVn94fSZRC3ZzbpT3AAAJ1BF6CpWtVBwutm0KY4CeUcfAAUAAAAAAAAAAKd5hz57Bgib6yi4KjqHQKnCFdX8AAAAAA==