[icon-discuss] Re: e: Re: downloading from bard using the bp browser

  • From: "Valiant8086" <valiant8086@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:22:52 -0400

I'm getting that error and then the download stops from what I can figure. I
never have any problems downloading podcasts now. I used to though until I got
the router I mentioned earlier in this thread. I used to plug the modem into
the USB port on a laptop and have the laptop share that connection through it's
ethernet port with the wan port on a linksys wrt54g router. I couldn't download
podcasts, software updates or anything reliably with that setup. Now everything
else that I've tried works great. Remember, on a computer I can download the
same files without a single problem. I've never ever had a download stop
mid-way through when using this connection unless I pressed escape in the wrong
place by accident, at least not that I can remember. Since I changed
configurations on my network, my braille plus has never dropped a download from
any other source mid-way through except the time or two I was using the
internet in the car and completely lost signal.  I have a big antenna on the
top of my house. the signal strength on my air card modem is usually -69dbm,
full signal. It didn't take any longer than usual to reach 44 percent than I
expected. My internet has real download speeds, that is if you check the speed
of a download on a computer that actually shows you the transfer rate, anywhere
from 50 to 240kb/s. It's usually around 120kb/s though. I of course don't know
exactly how fast things happen on the braille plus since it never shows you
such valuable information.