[icon-discuss] Re: downloading from bard using the bp browser

  • From: "Valiant8086" <valiant8086@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pamela Rader" <prader@xxxxxxx>, <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 01:29:35 -0400

I have never encountered this before.  Does it occur when you are browsing for
titles, or when you try to press OK on a particular title to download?  We need
more information, please.  Also, maybe you need to reboot, and/or also try the
same title on the PC.

  Mostly I noticed it when trying to download a title. It would get to a
certain percentage which didn't happen to be the same each time. The download
would stop when the error appeared. It wouldn't say the download had been
canceled or anything like that. The only error was the one I mentioned at the
beginning of this thread. However after getting that error the numbers on the
download manager would stop changing when I press select.

  I'm not positive, but I think I've had it happen when just on a single page
looking for suitable titles to download from my search results. No traffic at
all going on, just going down through the page.

  I've had it happen across too many different reboots and situations to
believe a reboot would fix it.

  What I'll do is locate a book with it and try to download the book again and
see if anything happens and give specific details. It has been a while since I
tried  to download books on the bp itself and I didn't think of asking here
about it until now. As for trying to download the same book on the pc, I did
just that after failing to download on the bp I just got the book on the pc and
put it on the bp over the sharing folder.

  So I realize I'll have to get more specifics, or try to at least. I'll do so.

  btw, can everyone else download multiple books at once with the bp? I usually
try to download more than one at a time. This time I'll just log in, find one
book and try to download it.

  Cheers

  Pamela