[icon-discuss] Re: Transferring Files

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 09:05:43 -0400

Irwin:

This feature is forthcoming in the Icon and Braille +, so a little patience is
needed here.  As for the Book Port, I'm not sure if you're asking if you can
speed up files using the transfer tool and then play them on the Braille +, or
if you're just intending to use them on Book Port.  It is not possible to cross
reference files from one device to another for reasons that are too complicated
to go into here.  However, if you intend to read the files on the Book Port,
you can already alter the speed in Book Port transfer.  However, so as not to
clutter this list with that, please update your Book Port Transfer software,
read the manual and/or write to the Book Port list and we will give you
instructions there.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> ihott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/05/07 07:58PM >>>
I have something in mind that can't be done, but if one never asks? '''''

I really would like to see the ability to speed up audio files on the Icon and
the Braille Plus.

What would be the possibility of modifying the BookPort transfer software to
allow for filtering files through it so that files could be sped up and
navigation could be included?

Irwin Hott <ishott@xxxxxxxx>