[icon-discuss] OT: Bookshare question...

  • From: "John Esak" <john@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "icond" <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 03:54:43 -0500

Hello,

I've labeled this OT:  Off Topic... the accepted method for posting a
message to a forum that is slightly off the topic of the forum but has some
meaningful reference to it. It may or may not be helpful to members so the
OT: allows them to delete the message without even reading it. If the forum
administrators don't like this, just let me know.

Okay,
I was doing some downloading from Bookshare on my Icon and was exploring the
catalogs on line there.  I stopped on Science Fiction & Fantasy and down
arrowed through hundreds of listings.  Very neat, but the whole time I was
trying to figure out what order the books were being listed in. Does anyone
know. It's not alphabetical by author, or by title, just kind of random.

Also, pressing and holding the down arrow takes you to the end of the list
and vice versa for the up arrow. Just like in most other places on the Icon.
Is there an in-between navigation distance?  Can I hold it down for a few
seconds and only go partway through a long list?

John Esak

P.S. I guess this question about Icon itself qualifies this for a non-OT
post but let's find out whether OT: is an acceptable methodology for this
forum.  Jenny? Michael?