[icon-discuss] Re: More about hard drive issue

  • From: Terrence van Ettinger <terrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1969 22:14:54 -1000

Hi, Zack,
        I had something similar with my Icon a while back. I was able to fix it
by remounting my
hard drive from the console. I believe the process went something like:
umount /media/hdd
mount /media/hdd -o rw

        I may have needed to put the /dev location in before "/media/hdd", but
I can't recall for
sure. After you do this, if disc drive mode works, you might need to do a
checkdisk command if
you're using Windows, or on the Icon itself use fsck, though I don't completely
recall the exact fsck syntax for this.

HTH,
Terrence