[icon-discuss] Re: LevelStar announces the Icon Qwerty Docking Station

  • From: "kaye zimpher" <kayezimpher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:21:00 -0400

Truly I have a hard time "buying" that. I think sometimes companies expecially those producing adaptive technology raise the prices because our market is a small one. In this case however, I am having a hard time with the idea that the Icon itself is $1395 and it's docking station or keyboard if you will is half the price? That is just a difficult thing for me to swallow. Now this for me is not about not havingt the money. As a profesional, I certainly have no need to worru about coming up with $395 or even $600, but I wonder what a wise financial decision that would truly be. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Ehrler" <REhrler-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: "kaye zimpher" <kayezimpher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:16:47 -0400
Subject: [icon-discuss] Re: LevelStar announces the Icon Qwerty
Docking Station

Usually when I post which is rare lately I don't have much
negative to say
so please forgive me in advance, but I need to know, what is it
about the
docking station that makes it worth $600? When I first purchased
my Icon, I
was told  like many others that the "retail price" would be $395.
Why did
that change? What features if any were added to cause such a
drastic upgrade
to the pricing.