[icon-discuss] Re: Gmail port numbers

  • From: Kevin Jones <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:56:07 -0600

well smtp.mail.com would be more correct, but it's all kind of theoretical anyway. some servers are setup so that it's just mail.domain.com so even if the manual was smtp.mail.com it still may not be exactly correct.

it's meant to be an example and so in that aspect it is correct.

Chase Crispin wrote:
In the manual, it says that the outgoing server is
stp.gmail.com
shouldn't it be
smtp.gmail.com
?