[icon-discuss] Re: Foreign language support for Braille Plus and Icon

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:54:31 -0400

International support is one of our long term goals, but we cannot provide any
specific dates.

>>> mike@xxxxxxxxxx Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:27:22 AM >>>
I was wondering if it will one day be possible to write and read texts in
languages other than English on the Braille Plus and Icon.  Although I love
English, having grown up in Illinois, I have been living in Austria my
entire adult life and it is frequently necessary to read materials in
German.

Will keyboard drivers be provided (perhaps when the Braille Plus docking
station is available) to write texts in other languages, too?  I do not know
how comfortable the current Braille Plus keyboard would be for writing in
languages with unique characters that are not available in a six-key layout.
Just some thoughts.

My best to all,

Mike