[icon-discuss] Farts

  • From: Linda Gehres <ljgehres@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linda Gehres <ljgehres@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 12:03:27 -0700

For those of you                who fart, and who doesn't, this is educational:

I'm passing this on as I                                  did not want to be
the only old fart receiving                                  it, so if you know
any other than me, send it to                                  'em... Actually,
it's not a                                  bad thing to be called, as you will
see. Old                                  Farts are easy to spot at sporting
events;                                  during the playing of the Star
Spangled Banner.                                  Old Farts remove their caps
and stand at                                  attention and sing without
embarrassment.                                   They know the words and
believe in                                  them. Old Farts remember the
history of                                  World War II, Pearl Harbor,
Guadalcanal ,                                  Normandy and Hitler. They
remember the Atomic                                  Age, the Korean War, The
Cold War , the Jet Age                                  and the Moon Landing,
not to mention Vietnam                                  . If you bump into an
Old Fart on the                                  sidewalk he will apologize. If
you pass an Old                                  Fart on the street, he will
nod or tip his cap                                  to a lady. Old Farts trust
strangers and are                                  courtly to women.  Old Farts
hold the                                  door for the next person and always,
when                                  walking, make certain the lady is on the
inside                                  for protection. Old Farts have moral
                              courage and personal integrity. They seldom brag
                                unless it's about their children or
                     grandchildren. It's the Old Farts who
            know our great country is protected, not by
         politicians, but by the young men and women in
         the military serving their country. This
   country needs Old Farts with their work ethic,
   sense of responsibility, pride in their country
    and decent values. We need them now more
than ever.  Thank God for Old                                  Farts! Pass this
on to all the Old                                  Farts you know. I was taught
to                                  respect my elders. It's just getting harder
to                                  find them.