[icon-discuss] Appreciation

  • From: "susan gerhart" <slger123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:17:24 -0700

After 1.7 years with my Icon, I want to express my appreciation to
Levelstar and APH for this wonderful technology.  As I was reading my
New York Times before getting out of bed this morning, I realized how
much information I have at my finger tips. Over 100 feeds bring news,
blogs, and podcasts more efficiently  than  any combination of other
RSS reader and podcast receiver , as I learned during an Icon hiatus
for a repair.  I keep up with two book clubs of avid retiree readers
by mining book selections from Bookshare.  I handle most email by pop3
from  gmail. The web browser is always there  to search and read most
of the miserably  badly design web pages  and I often find it easier
to go through forms on the Icon than a PC browser.  Most of my "music"
is a collection of podcasts I save for reference, like magazine
clippings. And I mastered the apps and upkeep through those cheerful
and informative audio tutorials.

As a computing technologist myself, I think the Icon is a spectacular
little  computer system. That Mark is a remarkable designer!! And
getting a product to market is even more astounding in these days of
big companies, venture capital, and mass marketing.  It's terrific
that something so small can change lives in so many ways, certainly
mine.

Thanks for your great work Mark, Michael, Jenny,  Pam, and other
support. I send out the above sentiment in my holiday newsletter and
wanted to show my appreciation directly.

Susan
blog "As Your World Changes" at http://asyourworldchanges.wordpress.com
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
LevelStar or APH then consider sending your message to
icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx