[icon-discuss] A few things.

  • From: "Jenny Axler" <jaxler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:03:58 -0800

Hello all,

First, while I appreciate John's comments about tagging and the accessibility
or nonaccessibility of certain programs, I would ask that posters please keep
comments regarding other companies/agencies/programs limited to their
usefulness, relevance, accessibility, etc.  Though we have all experience some
frustration with certain companies and software, Michael and I ask that you
please refrain from railing against or insulting these entities on this list.

Second to address new features in the Music Player.  Firstly, the cataloging
engine is greatly improved and can recognize a greater variety of tags than it
does in the current build.  And we will indeed have a Files Mode which will
allow you to play all of the files in a given folder as well as add all the
files in a given folder to a playlist.  So, if you do have files that are still
not recognized correctly by the catalogger, you will be able to access them
according to the folders that they are in and act on them accordingly.

Jenny Axler
List Moderator