[icevi-e-contacts] Fwd: Now taken up the ambitious project of supplying Braille Books for visually impaired children in kurdistan region iraq-textbook-

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Icevi-e Contacts <icevi-e-contacts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 11:03:28 +0200

Dear National Representatives of ICEVI-Europe,

On behalf of the President of ICEVI-Europe, Hans Welling, I am forwarding
you the below email request with related attachments from Mr.
Jwanro Mustafa (email:jwanroabdula@xxxxxxxxxxx) from the Local NGO -Modern
Education for Kurdistan.

We kindly request for your attention with this problem of a lack of
availability of accessible reading material for students in the schools of
Kurdistan.  In the event that any of you have story books in English for
blind children, especially English stories for children with uncontracted
braille, or any other educational books/reference materials that their Main
Library needs to replenish the English section for blind persons that they
will be opening (please see list of items below), and which you can send and
provide for the blind children in Kurdistan, please inform Mr. Mustafa in
copy to Hans Welling (wellingja@xxxxxxxxx) and Martha Gyftakos
(mgyftakos@xxxxxxxxx).

Thank you very much for your attention with this item.

Your support for this initiative and contributions will be greatly valued
and appreciated!

Warm Regards,

Martha Gyftakos

Executive Assistant  to the Presidency of ICEVI-Europe