[icebtac] Re: Looking for research: Are there studies supporting the use of t...

  • From: Calshirley@xxxxxxx
  • To: icebtac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:45:57 EST

In a message dated 2/21/2007 9:57:29 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rjaquiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hello List:
I  am looking for research that addresses the effectiveness of tactile
graphics  and three dimensional models as educational materials. Of course I
believe
that tactile graphics and models are valuable, but has their  usefulness
actually been studied? I have been searching with Google, and so  far, haven't
found
usable information. Thank  you.
Regards,
Robert Jaquiss, Executive Director
VIEW  International Foundation
230 Peach Tree Drive
West Monroe, Louisiana  71291-8653
USA
Phone: (318) 396-1853
Email:
_rjaquiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:rjaquiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Hello Robert,
Of course you are right! There is much anecdotal evidence about the value  of
Tactile Graphics.  I suggest you talk with Steve Landow from Touch  Graphics,
Inc., to see if he has any information on current research.   National
Braille Press is currently investigating the subject, funded by a grant  from
Reader's Digest Foundation.  We are consultants for the project.
Hope this is helpful.
All the best,
Shirley
Shirley  Keller, Director
Creative Adaptations for Learning - CAL
38 Beverly  Road
Great Neck, NY 11021-1330
516-466-9143
_www.creativeadaptations.org_ (http://www.creativeadaptations.org/)
calinfo@xxxxxxxxx
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.