[ibis-quality] Re: Question to quality spec 2.0

  • From: "Bob Ross" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <eckhard.lenski@xxxxxxx>, <milabont@xxxxxxxxx>, "'IBIS Quality'" <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 10:43:06 -0700

Eckhard:

You are correct.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: ibis-quality-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ibis-quality-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lenski, Eckhard (NSN
- DE/Munich)
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:13 AM
To: milabont@xxxxxxxxx; IBIS Quality
Subject: [ibis-quality] Question to quality spec 2.0

 Hallo All,

I just read the quality spec once more  and have a question  to page 23,
point 5.6.2

It talks about open drain,sink, source  and the corresponding vref.

It looks as if we put open-source and open-sink  together,  instead of
open-drain and open-sink.

Original text :

For Open-drain models [Model] or [Model Spec] Vref must be above Vmeas, and
it is usually set to the [Pullup Reference] voltage. For Open-source and
Open-sink models Vref must be below Vmeas, and it is usually set to the
[Pulldown Reference] voltage, typically zero. For ECL models Vref must be
below Vmeas, and is usually 2 V below [Pullup Reference].

Should it not be :

For Open-drain models  and Open-sink models  [Model] or [Model Spec] Vref
must be above Vmeas, and it is usually set to the [Pullup Reference]
voltage. For Open-source Vref must be below Vmeas, and it is usually set to
the [Pulldown Reference] voltage, typically zero. For ECL models Vref must
be below Vmeas, and is usually 2 V below [Pullup Reference].

Regards
Eckhard

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards / Cordiali saluti / ystävällisin
terveisin
Eckhard Lenski

Nokia Siemens Networks GmbH & Co. KG
NWS EP CP HW CAD libraries
St.-Martinstr. 76
80240 München
Germany
phone : +49 89 5159 17080
email: eckhard.lenski@xxxxxxx
http://www.nokiasiemensnetworks.com/ibis

Nokia Siemens Networks GmbH & Co. KG
Sitz der Gesellschaft: München / Registered office: Munich
Registergericht: München / Commercial registry: Munich, HRA 88537
WEEE-Reg.-Nr.: DE 52984304
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin / General Partner: Nokia Siemens
Networks Management GmbH
Geschäftsleitung / Board of Directors: Dr. Hermann Rodler, Olaf Horsthemke
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats / Chairman of supervisory board: Herbert Merz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: München / Registered office: Munich
Registergericht: München / Commercial registry: Munich, HRB 163416