[ibis-quality] Minutes from the 7 aug 2007 ibis-quality meeting

  • From: "Mike LaBonte \(milabont\)" <milabont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:52:58 -0400

Minutes from the 7 aug 2007 ibis-quality meeting are attached. ARs:

AR: Mike email new 5.2.2 text to Roy
AR: Roy write a sentence to describe the population scope of 5.2.8

Mike
Minutes, IBIS Quality Committee

11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)

ROLL CALL
  Adam Tambone
  Barry Katz, SiSoft
  Benny Lazer
  Benjamin P Silva
  Bob Cox, Micron
* Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Brian Arsenault
  David Banas, Xilinx
* Eckhard Lenski, Siemens
  Eric Brock
  Gregory R Edlund
  Hazem Hegazy
  John Figueroa
  John Angulo, Mentor Graphics
  Katja Koller, Siemens
  Kevin Fisher
* Kim Helliwell, LSI Logic
  Lance Wang, IOMethodology
  Lynne Green
* Mike LaBonte, Cisco
  Mike Mayer, SiSoft
  Moshiul Haque, Micron Technology
  Peter LaFlamme
  Radovan Vuletic, Qimonda
  Robert Haller, Enterasys
* Roy Leventhal, Leventhal Design & Communications
  Sherif Hammad, Mentor Graphics
  Todd Westerhoff, SiSoft
  Tom Dagostino, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Kazuyoshi Shoji, Hitachi
  Sadahiro Nonoyama

Everyone in attendance marked by *

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------
Mike LaBonte conducted the meeting.

Call for patent for disclosure:

- No one declared a patent.

AR Review:

- Mike add David's text for 4.2.21, 4.2.23, 4.2.25 to IQ spec
  - Done
  - Same text has been inserted into 5.2.21 & 5.2.23
  - No text supplied for 5.2.25

New items:

Continued review of IQ specification:

5.1.7.  {LEVEL 2}  [Temperature Range] is reasonable
- This was reviewed last week

5.1.8.  {LEVEL 2}  [Voltage Range] or [* Reference] is reasonable
- Mike asked if the min voltage could be fastest.
  - Bob: Compensated technology might be faster at lower voltage
  - Roy: This is a semantical exercise
- We decided to change the word "extend" to "span"
- Review of this check is done

5.1.13. {LEVEL 2}  [Model] timing test load subparameters complete
- This should be a level 3 check
- We decided to delete the check because ibischk detects the problem

5.2     Model Waveform Processing Requirements
- Title changes to: "Model Switching Behavior Requirements"
- First sentence is deleted because it largely restates the title.
- The title implies that this section is all about receivers.
  - Check 5.2.4 is the only one for output buffers
  - We decided to simply eliminate the word "receive" where it appears.

5.2.1.  {LEVEL 2}  [Model] Vinl and Vinh complete
- This should be a level 3 check
- We decided to delete the check because ibischk detects the problem

5.2.2.  {LEVEL 3}  [Model] Vinl and Vinh correct
- We decided to change "correct" to "reasonable".
- A sentence will be added to specify that these are DC parameters.
- A paragraph will be added to describe the relationship with Vmeas
  - This is similar to what 5.2.8 says for [Model Spec] Vinl/Vinh
- 5.2.5 might adopt the same verbage as 5.2.2, for [Model Spec]
- Roy suggested that the check should make clear that Vinl/Vinh encompass
  the range for a population of parts, not one part.

AR: Mike email new 5.2.2 text to Roy
AR: Roy write a sentence to describe the population scope of 5.2.8

5.2.3.  {LEVEL 3}  [Model] Vinl and Vinh enclose Vmeas
- This will be merged into 5.2.2 and deleted

5.2.4.  {LEVEL 3}  [Model] Vmeas matches data sheet
- Requiring parameters to match the datasheet is regarded as implicit.
- If there is a conflict, which one is right?
- We decided to delete this

Next meeting:

11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)
Phone: 1.877.384.0543 or 1.800.743.7560