[ibis-quality] Minutes from the 3 Jun 2008 ibis-quality meeting

  • From: "Mike LaBonte (milabont)" <milabont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 13:08:06 -0400

Minutes from the 3 Jun 2008 ibis-quality meeting are attached.

Note that the next meeting will be June 17, since there is an IBIS
summit meeting June 10.

Mike
Minutes, IBIS Quality Committee

11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)

ROLL CALL
  Adam Tambone
* Anders Ekholm, Ericsson
  Barry Katz, SiSoft
  Benny Lazer
  Benjamin P Silva
  Bob Cox, Micron
* Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Brian Arsenault
* David Banas, Xilinx
* Eckhard Lenski, Nokia Siemens Networks
  Eric Brock
* Guan Tao, Huawei Technologies
  Gregory R Edlund
  Hazem Hegazy
  Huang Chunxing, Huawei Technologies
  John Figueroa
  John Angulo, Mentor Graphics
  Katja Koller, Nokia Siemens Networks
  Kevin Fisher
  Kim Helliwell, LSI Logic
* Lance Wang, IOMethodology
  Lynne Green
* Mike LaBonte, Cisco Systems
  Mike Mayer, SiSoft
* Moshiul Haque, Micron Technology
  Peter LaFlamme
  Randy Wolff, Micron Technology
  Radovan Vuletic, Qimonda
  Robert Haller, Enterasys
  Roy Leventhal, Leventhal Design & Communications
  Sherif Hammad, Mentor Graphics
  Todd Westerhoff, SiSoft
  Tom Dagostino, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Kazuyoshi Shoji, Hitachi
  Sadahiro Nonoyama

Everyone in attendance marked by *

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------
Mike LaBonte conducted the meeting.

Call for patent disclosure:

- No one declared a patent.

AR Review:

- Bob look into test load measurement points BIRD
  - Text indicates this was intended to be simulation based only.
  - Adding measurement based language may complicate things.
  - Done.

- Anders create example IBIS file with golden waveforms
  - TBD, maybe week after next

- Mike add explanation of OPTIONAL and make 5.2.9 OPTIONAL
  - First part not done.

- Mike check IBISCHK code for Pulse_time checks
  - Done.
  - IBISCHK checks:
    Pulse_high, Pulse_low and Pulse_time must all be present or absent
    Pulse_time must be > 0

- Mike check IBISCHK code for 5.2.10 and 5.2.11
  - Done.
  - IBISCHK checks:
    [Model Spec] Pulse_low < [Model Spec] Vinl+
    [Model Spec] Pulse_low < [Model Spec] Vinh
    [Model Spec] Pulse_low < [Model] Vinh
    [Model Spec] Pulse_high > [Model Spec] Vinh-
    [Model Spec] Pulse_high > [Model Spec] Vinl
    [Model Spec] Pulse_high > [Model] Vinl

- Mike mark 5.2.10 and 5.2.11 for deletion
  - Done

New items:

- Bob: There will be a quality-related paper by Lynne Green at the summit

- David: Are we ready to present correlation to the IBIS Open Forum?
  - Mike and Bob felt the group is not ready.

- Continued review of the IQ Specification:

5.2.12. {LEVEL 3}  [Model Spec] Pulse_time reasonable
- Agreement that this can be deleted.

5.2.9.  {LEVEL 2, OPTIONAL}  [Model Spec] Pulse subparameters complete
- David: We are running into a problem with our choice to avoid duplication
  with IBISCHK.
- Testing for pulse immunity is not often performed.
- If pulse parameters are given in a data sheet, they have to be in IBIS.
- David: Leave it OPTIONAL.
- Bob: may be dangerous to require every possible keyword.
  - Not all tools may handle it the same.
  - Data sheets tend to give full curves.
- Mike: Do we really want to require this?
  - Anders: Once BIRD 109 passes the info may be scarce, because it may
    require information not currently provided in data sheets.
  - Bob: Absolute Maximum Rating values could be used if functional not known.
- We decided to keep this check.

5.2.13. {LEVEL 2}  [Model Spec] S_Overshoot subparameters complete
- Anders: Important thing would be the functional limitation
  - Not destruction (absolute maximum rating)
- BIRD 109 trying to clirfy the difference
  - Will be voted next open forum

5.2.14. {LEVEL 2}  [Model Spec] S_Overshoot subparameters match data sheet
- David: This could be combined with 5.2.13

5.2.15. {LEVEL 2}  [Model Spec] S_Overshoot subparameters track typ/min/max
- David: We should strike the "0.0V" part of this check:
  - Bob: Model Spec subparams are based on actual reference to global ground.
  - More s_overshoot is allowed if supply voltage increases.
- Bob ECL & PECL would need separate models.
- We decided to keep this.

Next meeting:

17 Jun 2008 11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)

Meeting ended at 01:03 PM Eastern Time.