[ibis-quality] Minutes from the 21 Apr 2009 ibis-quality meeting

  • From: "Mike LaBonte (milabont)" <milabont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:38:19 -0400

Minutes from the 21 Apr 2009 ibis-quality meeting are attached. These
and minutes from other recent ibis-quality meetings are found at:

http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/quality_wip/

Mike
Minutes, IBIS Quality Committee

11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)

ROLL CALL
  Adam Tambone
* Anders Ekholm, Ericsson
  Barry Katz, SiSoft
  Benny Lazer
  Benjamin P Silva
  Bob Cox, Micron
* Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Brian Arsenault
  David Banas, Xilinx
* Eckhard Lenski, Nokia Siemens Networks
  Eric Brock
* Guan Tao, Huawei Technologies
  Gregory R Edlund
  Hazem Hegazy
  Huang Chunxing, Huawei Technologies
  John Figueroa
  John Angulo, Mentor Graphics
  Katja Koller, Nokia Siemens Networks
  Kevin Fisher
  Kim Helliwell, LSI Logic
  Lance Wang, IOMethodology
  Lynne Green
* Mike LaBonte, Cisco Systems
  Mike Mayer, SiSoft
* Moshiul Haque, Micron Technology
  Muniswarareddy Vorugu, ARM Ltd
* Pavani Jella, TI
  Peter LaFlamme
  Randy Wolff, Micron Technology
  Radovan Vuletic, Qimonda
  Robert Haller, Enterasys
  Roy Leventhal, Leventhal Design & Communications
  Sherif Hammad, Mentor Graphics
  Todd Westerhoff, SiSoft
  Tom Dagostino, Teraspeed Consulting Group
  Kazuyoshi Shoji, Hitachi
  Sadahiro Nonoyama
  Liqun, Huawei

Everyone in attendance marked by *

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------
Mike LaBonte conducted the meeting.

Call for patent disclosure:

- No one declared a patent.

AR Review:

- Mike look into MeetingPlace issues
  - Mike still testing WebEx internally

- Mike propose IBISCHK bug for 5.5.3
  - Done

New items:

Mike sent IQ draft 1.1ao to the list

We reviewed the IBISCHK bug report that Mike wrote
- This calls for checking [Ramp] dV against [Voltage Range]
- Bob: A more precise check would be [Ramp] dV against I/V curves (5.5.4)
  - The parser already has code to make this check
  - An error percentage limit would have to be used
  - It might be an IBISCHK CAUTION
- Mike: If a 3.3V buffer had [Voltage Range] = 2.5V IBISCHK might not catch it
  - Mike tested this on a simple testcase with no V/T
  - This new check would
  - Bob: IBISCHK would catch this checking I/V against V/T
    - [Voltage Range] is applied to I/V curves to make absolute
- Anders: The IQ 5.5.4 check would be better
  - Mike: That would also catch incorrect [Voltage Range]
  - Anders: The 5.5.3 check is a better visual check
- Mike: We probably should not take time for this now
  - Anders: The 5.5.4 check in IBISCHK would also retire 5.5.3
- Bob: Propose leaving IQ as is
- Mike: Maybe we don't need 5.5.3 in IQ:
  - Bob: It could be taken away
  - Anders: It is harder to check 5.5.4 than 5.5.3
  - Mike: 5.5.4 requires corresponding V/T tables
- Anders: The check we really want is [Ramp] dV against I/V
  - Mike: IQ does not have that check
  - Anders: 5.5.3 should be changed
- Anders: The IBIS spec does not define [Ramp] fixtures well
  - Bob: It is covered in section 9
    - This is a legacy mistake
- Mike: Shall we rewrite 5.5.3 to be the Ramp vs I/V check?
  - Actually we should replace 5.5.4 with that check

Next meeting: 28 Apr 2009 11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)

Meeting ended at 12:03 PM Eastern Time.