[ibis-quality] Minutes from the 01 Dec 2015 ibis-quality meeting

  • From: Mike LaBonte <mlabonte@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 14:12:05 -0500 (EST)

Minutes from the 01 Dec 2015 ibis-quality meeting are attached. Minutes
from all ibis-quality meetings are posted to
http://ibis.org/quality_wip/minutes-date.html

Mike

Minutes, IBIS Quality Committee

11:00-12:00 EST (08:00-09:00 PST)

ROLL CALL

eASIC: David Banas
Ericsson: Anders Ekholm
Intel: Michael Mirmak
Eugene Lim
IO Methodology Lance Wang
Signal Integrity Software * Mike LaBonte
Teraspeed Labs: * Bob Ross

Everyone in attendance marked by *

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------
Mike LaBonte conducted the meeting.

Call for IBIS related patent disclosures:

- None

Call for opens:

- None

ARs:
- Mike update ibischk6 files online.
- Done

- Mike send reflector notice about ibischk6
- Delayed while we resolve bugs 168 and 169.

- Mike send testcase package model to Bob
- Done, bug 168.

- Mike send W1503 testcase to Bob
- Needs simplification first, has 986 lines.
- Will send to Bob as-is for now.

- Mike add comments to CMPNT, DLY, MSPEC sections.
- No new progress.

- Lance add comments to EBD section.
- No report.

- Bob add comments to CIRCUIT section.
- No new progress.

Emailed package model problem from AOTO:
- Bob: We need the IBIS file for this.
- It may be that his component is missing power pins.

AR: Mike reply to AOTO about bug report

BUG168

- Mike: Some errors can be explained by printf issues.
- Others are more serious.
- Bob: You tested a fix for this.
- Mike: It adds a 10 ppm tolerance.
- Bob: This is Vladimir's approach.
- Simulators should tolerate small errors.
- We have to check the file as-is.
- EDA tools are free to clean up the files.
- Mike: Why do we have this rule?
- Bob: Perfect coupling is the case where the diagonal and off-diagonals are
equal.
- It is impossible for the off-diagonals to be larger in passive circuits.
- Mike: The other approach is a fixed tolerance.
- It works with zero value diagonals, but maybe those should fail.
- Bob: A failing file is bad.
- We might model this after what we do for non-monotonic curves.
- Small infractions give a NOTE, ERROR for larger ones.
- We will have to determine a small threshold.
- There should be a minimum tolerance for the 186a case.
- Mike: The zero self-capacitance case seems impossible.
- Bob: We should print a message for that one.
- Once we determine the sum of off-diagonals is greater than the diagonal:
- Quick test: small diagonal values (close to zero) are a NOTE.
- NOTE for violations under a 10 ppm tolerance.
- ERROR for violations beyond a 10 ppm tolerance.
- Mike: This might be mentioned in ATM today.

AR: Bob update bug168.txt

AR: Bob update ibischk6 web page to note new bugs

AR: Mike send notice of IBISCHK6 with bug notes to email reflectors

IQ:

- Lance: The IQ2 level of the IBIS Quality Specification requires 4 V-T curves.
- Models use different load values, a large R may be needed.
- Bob: Usually the V_fixture changes, not R_fixture.
- And open drain/source will only need 2 waveforms.
- Lance: I can present more on this next time.

Meeting ended: 12:19 ET

Next meeting Dec 08, 2015