[ibis-quality] Minutes, IBIS Quality Teleconference, October 4, 2005

  • From: Robert Haller <rhaller@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:24:01 -0400

Todd Westerhoff
Tom Dagostino
Kazuyoshi Shoji
Sadahiro Nonoyama

Everyone in attendance marked by  *

NOTE: "AR" = Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------
Bob Haller conducted the meeting.

- Review of minutes for September 6, 2005

Minutes approved with no changes Minutes have been posted to Website

- Announcements - EIA Call for Patent Disclosure:

No company declared a patent

- AR Review

AR - Bob Haller to propose Ad-Hoc BUG90 discussion at upcoming IBIS summit - DONE
AR - Bob Haller and Bob Ross work IBIS summit logistics - DONE
AR - Mike Labonte to review Diff pin IQ enhancements to see if they are already included - OPEN

- Opens for new items

 No new items were raised

Postmortem IBIS Summit

IBIS Summit @ September 19th @ DCU Center in Worcester MA
Local logistics worked out well
~ 15 people in attendance. Not bad but would like more.
Generally the east coast summits have had  lower attendance than west coast.
Michael Mirmak commented that we should continue the IQ work identifying and
prioritizing checks
missing from the Parser. The financial issues can worked as a separate matter.

He also would like to see a document that captures all the Parser checks - He has begun work on one.
IQ committee is encouraged by acceptance of caution and representative sample. Possible inclusion with ICM Parser development which could help avoid funding issues.

Agenda/Minutes
Discuss IBIS open Forum response to Bug Submission
        - prioritize warning candidates to parser bug reports
Identify cautions and warnings
Review MM's IBIS parser Spec  and behavior document - time permitting

The discussion continued around parser checks and general automation of IQ
checklist
Although we didn't review Michael Mirmak IBISCHK4 parser spec and behaviors
document
we agreed that it would go a long way to helping ibis users understand what is
and is not checked.
We may be able to help contribute to this document.

Need to scrub and prioritize the list of warnings among IQ committee members
Discussed continued on Parser and need to try and automate as many check as possible.
Mike Labonte discussed method he uses in his company to perform checks and document (with comments
in the IBIS file what things need further scrutiny). Kim offered his services if it is possible to
create some open source version of this.
It was noted that deprecating Non-monotonic warnings to cautions may also help the effort through the open forum.
We discussed the version number check and mike questioned if the default should be to check to 4.0
Alternately may be the IBIS parser check should default to the new monotonic check (combined curves) which is
more lenient

We did not get to prioritize the caution list so each team member will do it individually, post to reflector
and we will review results next time. We can spend next meeting discussing any areas of disagreement. We will use a prioritize using 1,2 or 3. 1 being highest priority .

AR - Each Individual will review prioritize cautions send to IQ reflector AR - Bob to compile prioritized list for next meeting

http://www.sisoft.com/ibis-quality/docs/caution.txt

Next meeting:

November 1, 2005
11-12 AM EST (8-9 AM PST)