[ibis-macro] Re: jitter parameter usage in the proposed BIRD

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 06:31:54 -0500

Fangyi,

Jitter can be handled by the simulator as it sees fit. I can be put on the
stimulus, or it can be used when processing the results. IBIS AMI does not
tell the EDA tool how to incorporate Jitter, it just expresses to the EDA
tool how much there is. SO the AMI standard should not tell the EDA tool how
to use it. IC Vendors can choose how to describe to the EDA tool how much
Jitter there is. An IC Vendor can choose to implement components of Jitter
in their model. This Jitter can be hard coded within the model, are passed
into the model as a Usage In parameter if it is configurable.

303.449-2308
Mobile 720.333-1107
wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx
www.sisoft.com