[ibis-macro] Re: [ibis-interconn] Re: We need to define terms System, Component, Connected, Connection, Module, .ibs Package and Die, .ibs Bare Die

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'IBIS-Interconnect'" <ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 15:43:13 -0500 (EST)

Lynne,

First definition is for "Connected" fixed below. A connection may have a
blocking cap. At DC it is high impedance, but will be low Impedance at
Nyquist. Of course "Low" or "Small" impedance is not very precise. A long
connect with a blocking cap could have in insertion loss of ~30dB at
Nyquist.

A bare die is mounted in a Module. The wire bond is in the Module
interconnect and is accounted for in the Module interconnect module,
similar for flip mounted.

Walter