[ibis-macro] Thank You for Encryption Discussion

  • From: Bob Ross <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Shields <John_Shields@xxxxxxxxxx>, jshields@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:25:04 -0700

Hi John:

Thank you for calling in today.  Your discussion was quite helpful.

The encryption proposal has been approved for Verilog 1364-2005
and a similar draft is pending completion for VHDL by DAC.  Both
are targetted for IEEE adoption.

Simply supporting or even endorsing the encryption documents in
the Verilog and Accelera/VHDL groups looks like the best approach
for IBIS members.  If several groups support a common approach,
then the EDA and semiconductor/IP vendors to should also support
that approach for business reasons.

I might suggest a formal IBIS resolution showing such support.

The IBIS Committee plans to meet on Tuesday, July 25 at DAC,
probably at the hotel Mentor is booking.  I will follow up later,
but you are welcome to attend and give a status update on
the language group encryption efforts (1/2 hour or so.)  You
can even join for a free lunch.  We can schedule a time slot
that matches your schedule.

We assume that the approaches taken would easily extend to
VHDL-AMS and Verilog-AMS (whether or not officially approved).
We would support such extensions.

We hope to call on you for more information.

Bob

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC