[ibis-macro] Re: Test Cases for IBIS Next (or whatever we decide to call it)

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 21:42:29 +0000

Greg,

Thanks for volunteering in supplying models for this
experiment.

Since we are discussing package and on-die interconnect
modeling, I would think that we could assume that we
don't need to worry about AMI models in this experiment.
I would also think that we could assume just plain vanilla
buffer models (at least initially).

So I would suggest to start your examples with package and
if you have any, on-die interconnect models.  I don't think
that the data in these models have to be "true", i.e. you
don't need to get into the NDA territory, but it should be
realistic enough to illustrate the usual modeling practices
you have.