[ibis-macro] Minutes from the 24 Apr 2007 ibis-atm meeting

  • From: "Mike LaBonte \(milabont\)" <milabont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 10:58:02 -0400

Minutes from the 24 Apr 2007 ibis-atm meeting are attached.

Meeting date: 24 Apr 2007

Members (asterisk for those attending):
* Ambrish Varma, Cadence Design Systems
* Arpad Muranyi, Intel Corp.
  Barry Katz, SiSoft
* Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting Group
* Doug White, Cisco Systems
* Essaid Bensoudane, ST Microelectronics
* Ganesh Narayanaswamy, ST Micro
* Hemant Shah, Cadence Design Systems
  Ian Dodd, Mentor Graphics
* Joe Abler, IBM
* John Angulo, Mentor Graphics
  John Shields, Mentor Graphics
  Ken Willis, Cadence Design Systems
  Kumar, Cadence Design Systems
  Lance Wang, Cadence Design Systems
  Luis Boluna, Cisco
* Michael Mirmak, Intel Corp.
* Mike LaBonte, Cisco Systems
  Mike Steinberger, SiSoft
  Patrick O'Halloran, Tiburon Design Automation
  Paul Fernando, NCSU
* Radek Biernacki, Agilent (EESof)
* Randy Wolff, Micron Technology
  Richard Ward, Texas Instruments
  Sanjeev Gupta, Agilent
  Shangli Wu, Cadence
  Stephen Scearce, Cisco Systems
  Syed Huq, Cisco Systems
* Todd Westerhoff, SiSoft
  Vikas Gupta, Xilinx
  Vuk Borich, Agilent
* Walter Katz, SiSoft

No one declared a patent.

-----
Opens:

Arpad: what will we do for DAC summit?
- Todd: we were going to present case settings.
  - could present BIRD
- Mirmak: might be too detailed for a summit

- Bob: who will be at DAC?
  Arpad, Hemant, Barry, Todd, John A, Mike L (maybe)

- Arpad: Review the new macro library files.
  TBD

- Arpad: Write parameter passing syntax proposal for a possible BIRD
  TBD

- Todd will fix a few typos in the presentation
  Done, posted.

Ambrish presented draft BIRD status for the EDA vendors
- [Algorithm Model] Excutable parameter:
  - The value shown for OS is "windows"
  - We may need to be more specific about OS versions and platforms
  - We will deal with this later
- Michael Mirmak asked if all parameters are now user defined
  - Walter: the marketplace will determine the published parameters
  - Mike LaBonte: where will they be published?
  - Todd: these parameters will change fast
  - Michael Mirmak: this assumes a fixed pool of EDA vendors
  - Walter: we can send parameters to the IBIS librarian for publishing
  - Todd:
    - EDA tools will provide an editor for input parameters
    - Output parameters that EDA tools need to understand are the problem
  - Arpad: concerned about EDA vendors developing incompatible features
  - Michael Mirmak:
    - Assuming EDA tools will have the canned functions that are needed
    - Some examples would have averted some of this discussion
  - Walter:
    - other pages of the BIRD will explain more
    - they are finding out from IC vendors what parameters they need
  - Todd:
    - ignore_bits is an example of a parameter that surely will be needed
    - Should have put this in the spec
    - Clock_ticks is a flag
    - Probably want to document about 5 fixed parameters
  - This was discussed last December, but there was less interest then
- Radek asked what word sizes will be used? Structures? Arrays?
  - Walter: some data will be bundled in an ASCII string
- Radek said it is difficult to have all fixed parameters

We did not get through the entire draft BIRD.

Next meeting: 1 May 2007 12:00pm PT