[ibis-macro] IBIS-ATM teleconference - Agenda for 6/16/2009

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:44:25 -0700

Time:  June 16, 2009  Noon  US Pacific Daylight Time
=====

Audio:
======
Voice dial-in:    (800) 637-5822
International: +1 (647) 723-3937 <--- (For Canada)
                      0114501530 <--- (For Sweden)
                      0201400572 <--- (For Sweden Toll Free)
                    069509594672 <--- (For Germany)
                     08001014542 <--- (For Germany Toll free)
Access Code:            685-0440

Web
===
Click Here to Join Live Meeting:

http://tinyurl.com/yvmesj
or:

https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/sisoft/join?id=NKQQN3&role=attend&pw=TP8j
%23-%25%7E5

Mentor Global Crossing Teleconference commands:
http://www.globalcrossing.com/customer/collaboration/cust_ready_access_t
ips.aspx

FIRST TIME USERS: To save time before the meeting, check your
system to make sure it is compatible with Microsoft Office Live
Meeting.

Agenda
======

1) Opens
2) Call for any related patent disclosures
3) Review of ARs:

Todd: Update the BIRD for IBIS S-parameter box based on
      feedback from discussion

Any other AR-s?

Old ARs:

- Arpad:  Write parameter passing syntax proposal (BIRD draft)
          for *-AMS models in IBIS that is consistent with the
          parameter passing syntax of the AMI models
          - not done

- TBD:    Propose a parameter passing syntax for the SPICE
          [External ...] also?

- Arpad:  Review the documentation (annotation) in the macro libraries.
          - deferred until a demand arises or we have nothing else to do

4) "Time check" for meeting our goal to introduce the first version
   of the specification at the DAC IBIS Summit.

5) Continue our discussion on the IBIS-Interconnect-SPICE document
   on topics marked with "further discussion needed".

-------------
  - We need to decide whether to eliminate all references to HSPICE
  - We may want a more limited character set
  - Some SPICEs may have problems with certain characters
    - For example, the minus sign in node names
  - Walter marked this for later discussion

- Walter: We will not support .OPTION EXPMAX
  - Arpad: That might be an issue
  - Walter: We should discuss the option needs of simulators
  - Arpad: Will our subckts need to specify options?
    - Michael M: We should not allow that
  - We should discuss this once we are sure what EXPMAX is intended for
- Walter: PARHIER is not supported
  - Arpad: This might break some legitimate circuits
  - Walter: Agree, this needs discussion
- Rules regarding multiple definitions of the same parameter:
  - Walter deleted "or .OPTION statement"
  - Also deleted the sentence about simulator warnings

- Walter: We will not support user defined functions
- Some built-in functions are also deleted:
  - val
  - relational operators
- Walter: HSPICE has at least 2 conditional mechanisms:
  - The .if/.else mechanism
  - Operator conditionals
- Bob: Did we keep the conditionals?
  - Walter: No
- Arpad: We should keep the ternary operator
  - Walter: Then we need the conditionals too
  - Mike L: This can create non-linearities
    - Walter: But it is evaluated statically
- Bob: Conditionals are used only in expressions

- We will have to discuss the section on Library Integrity
  - It gives rules that are useful