[ibis-macro] IBIS ATM recommendation for the IBIS-AMI directionality structure

  • From: Walter Katz <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mirmak, Michael" <michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 16:11:10 -0400 (EDT)

MM,

The committee discussed the various options for describing AMI model
directionality and recommend that a [Model] have only one [Algorithmic
Model] section, and that if the IBIS Model_type was either I/O,
I/O_open_drain, I/O_open_sink, I/O_open_source or I/O_ECL the [Algorithmic
Model] sub-parameter "Executable" would be an error, and that the
sub-parameters "Executable_Tx" and/or "Executable_Rx" should be used.

To keep things simple we should require that "Executable_Tx" and
"Executable_Rx" are illegal if Model_type is not I/O*.

<mailto:wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx> wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx

Phone 303.449-2308