[ibis-macro] Re: I would like to introduce the following motion re BIRD 123

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:36:43 +0000

Shouldn't this motion be made to the IBIS Open Forum
since BIRD 123.1 is an officially submitted BIRD?

Also, as far as I remember the rules, a BIRD with a
higher dot-number simply replaces the same BIRD with a
lower dot-number.  So it doesn't look like withdrawing
is necessary.

We have submitted BIRD "variants" in the past under
different numbers with the expectation that the new
BIRD with the different number will supersede the older
BIRD.  In that situation we simply voted down the older
BIRD in favor of the newer one, but this doesn't seem to
be the case here.