[ibis-macro] Follow-up on PDF discussion...

  • From: "Mirmak, Michael" <michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:11:55 -0700

FYI, in an earlier mail, I asked whether PDFs could be used directly under
IBIS-AMI.  To clarify, the usage of PDF was as "probability distribution
function."

The reason for the question, plus some concerns about TX jitter treatment, are
outlined in a paper by Bryan Casper, Ganesh Balamurugan et al, entitled "Future
Microprocessor Interfaces: Analysis, Design and Optimization."  It's available
through IEEE and other sources.  The full citation follows.

IBIS-AMI support for this style of data input would be highly useful.

-       MM

Casper, B.; Balamurugan, G.; Jaussi, J.E.; Kennedy, J.; Mansuri, M., "Future
Microprocessor Interfaces: Analysis, Design and Optimization," Custom
Integrated Circuits Conference, 2007. CICC '07. IEEE , vol., no., pp.479-486,
16-19 Sept. 2007

ISBN: 978-1-4244-1623-3

Additional material in a similar vein is available here:
Balamurugan, G.; Casper, B.; Jaussi, J.E.; Mansuri, M.; O'Mahony, F.; Kennedy,
J., "Modeling and Analysis of High-Speed I/O Links," Advanced Packaging, IEEE
Transactions on , vol.32, no.2, pp.237-247, May 2009