[ibis-macro] Re: "Final Draft" of the Jitter BIRD 123.2 that I would like reviewed in preperationg for submitting to the Open Forum

  • From: <fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>, <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:30:18 -0600

Hi, Walter;

Thanks for the updated BIRD. Can you clarify following questions regarding the
new jitter parameters?

1.       When Rx_Clock_Recovery_DCD and Rx_DCD are both present, is the total
DCD expected to have all values of the four combinations (i.e. +/-
Clock_Recovery_DCD +/- Rx_DCD), or just two values of +/-( Clock_Recovery_DCD +
Rx_DCD)?

2.       For Rx_Noise_Pad, it's defined as "noise at input to a receiver
buffer". From simulation point of view, does it mean in the input to the
Rx_GetWave?

3.       Average noise power = (noise spectral density)^2*bandwidth. What is
the bandwidth associated with Rx_Noise_Pad?

Regards,
Fangyi