[ibis-macro] Re: FW: Question on clock_times

  • From: Todd Westerhoff <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vladimir_dmitriev-zdorov@xxxxxxxxxx" <vladimir_dmitriev-zdorov@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:32:05 -0400 (EDT)

Vladimir,

What do you mean by monotonicity issues with clock ticks? Do you the values of time don't continue to increase?

Todd.

VP, Software Products
SiSoft
6 Clock Tower Place, Suite 250
Maynard, MA. 01754
(978) 461-0449 x24
twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx
www.sisoft.com

On Mar 29, 2010, at 10:07 AM, "Dmitriev-Zdorov, Vladimir" <vladimir_dmitriev-zdorov@xxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

As a matter of fact, more than half of all AMI models that we have seen
so far had more or less serious issues with clock ticks - way of
generation, consistency, monotonocity, unnecessary granulation making
them multiples of sample interval, etc.
This is an indication that we need to better specify what is the right
unambiguous behavior, not just syntaxically correct but the one that
allows model creator to reach their simulation goal provided that they
(and EDA tool) comply with the standard